วันอังคารที่ 21 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How do I get my dental insurance to process/pay my claim?

I have dental insurance through WellPoint Dental Services. I needed a dental procedure and my dentist filed it and I received an approval/precertification from WellPoint in the mail. It said the insurance would pay $204 of the procedure. I had the procedure 4/25/2007. I paid my dentist in full (that's how he does it) and have been trying to collect the $204 ever since. I have called the insurance co and am always told it is in process. I have written 2 letters with a copy of the precertification to the address on my card and have had no response. On 7/18/2997, a rep said that it had been misfiled, but it would be sent to claims immediately and that all the necessary info was there. I have received no response to my letters, no check. What should I do now?? That procedure was $1000 and I could really use the $204. Thanks for any help!


Write a polite letter of complaint to the Commissioner of Insurance for your state - at your state capital. Copy to your insurance company's Vice President of Health Insurance Claims - or some similar person. The insurance company is required to respond to the commissioner within 30 days. Every day after 30 that they are late, costs them $. You should get a prompt response. But, remember to be polite. You will still have the same insurance company. Most claim adjusters are over worked but real people.

you might find this page helpful on how to claim on dental insurance

http://www.insuremysmile.co.uk/making-a-claim-on-dental-insurance.html http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20070815135957AAlkslr&kid=NcZ8WjbqAkmaWUCNPvPE&s=comm&date=2009-02-21+09%3A07%3A08&.crumb=

I would write a letter to your state insurance department - including the dates, etc, and file a complaint. And carbon copy in Wellpoint.

That should kick them into gear.

0 ความคิดเห็น: