วันจันทร์ที่ 20 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What is the penalty for driving without insurance?

Ok so 2 years ago I was driving along and a tire fell out of a truck bed in front of me and broke my windshield and did a little bit of front end damage. The truck kept going and so I ended up submitting a claim for like $600.00 to my insurance company to cover the damage. In return, they raised my rates to a point where the increase added up over two years has cost more than the repair bill. I've tried changing companies, but the claim is still in my records and I am under 21 so all the quotes I've received have been higher than what I was originally paying. As for the the rest of my record, it is totally clean, no wrecks, tickets, or even close calls. I'm about ready to say screw it to insurance, as I feel I'll never need it. As far as I see it, I've already paid the insurance companies over $5000 and they've only covered $600.00 of damage and have treated me like crap.So whats the average penalty if I do get stopped and don't have insurance?


Darn....you took my best joke. There's no penalty for driving without insurance. The penalty is if you get caught.

My experience....have driven for years without because I can't afford it....seriously. They say you can't afford to NOT have it, but it does work both ways.

But when you do get caught, it gets very expensive. If you got caught, you'd probably pay $200-300 for the fine, and then have to start insurance all over again, and you'd get screwed on the price because of your age. Starting fresh with new company also screws you just because you're new. As you stay with them, rates will go down. But because you're under 21, you're screwed either way. Just part of automobile life. I went thru it too when I was your age.

(Of course, back then, they didn't have computerized records to check your insurance status in seconds!!)

You and every other citizen of the US is pissed off at car insurance companies. I'd just start insurance somewhere and stay with them. Eventually, the earlier claim will be taken off your record. And it's so much better when you get pulled over for whatever reason and have insurance card to hand to the cop. There's a backwards satisfaction in silently laughing at the cop that he can't get you for that!! Sometimes, they can tow your car if you don't have it, in some areas.

But back to my dilemna--caught without insurance out of state. $400 fine. Then they notify my state, and I can't get it yet, so they pulled license. So will have to get new insurance $120-150, then pay for reinstate license and any fine on top of that, probably another $200. When you get caught, it can get extremely expensive. Plus, if you are in bad accident, it will work better for you.

The penalty's are worse then just having insurance! Keep searching around with all of the insurance company's. Just search until you find one that is reasonable, Spend a day or two on the phone if you have to, It will be worth it by the amount of money that you will save. One of the reasons that your insurance costs are so high is because of your age. A very large number of auto accidents across the country are caused by persons under the age of 25Yrs

Lose your license, have to carry an SR-22 for 2 years. Sr-22 is proof of insurance that is really expensive, and if you miss one payment, the insurance company notifies the state and you lose your license again. Even if you don't have a car you will have to carry a non-owners SR-22, so your paying insurance on nothing. Plus $160 reinstatment, $26 renewal fee, and $500 in fines. As well my state *Colorado, is a mandatory minimum 2 days in jail

different cities have different fines, some upwards of $150 or more. also they can suspend your liscence if they want.

It depends on what country you are belong because they have different punishment about this. But i will give you an example, if youre living in UK the worst thing that will happen to you, imprisonment. So right now start looking for a car insurance for you. Search cheap car insurance on the net you can try to visit this cheap car insurance site http://www.nightbirdssolutions.com collect some quotations from here and select the best car insurance company for you.

depends on where you live.. you can get a big hefty ticket.. if they catch you so many times they can suspend your license. or down here in tx i know of places that will tow your car if they pull you over and you dont have insurance.

also you wont be able to get your inspection sticker or your registration sticker when the expire..

driving penalty

Different states have different laws. Most, if not all, do require insurance, though, at least liability, to cover damage to the other guys car if you are in an accident. In NC, it's a hefty fine, points on your license, and, if they want to, they can impound the car. Better keep your insurance.

0 ความคิดเห็น: