วันศุกร์ที่ 17 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Insurance ?

I lost my insurance through my employer because I was one shift shy of working the number of hours required to qualify. My daughter is on Medicaid, and I tried to get on that kind of insurance, but they turned me down saying that I have access to insurance through my employer, and it's not their fault I didn't work the required number of hours to qualify. I have to have insurance because I've been battling walking pneumonia for the past two months, and my doctor is worried. Are there any other options for me? I checked into student insurance at my university, and I just can't afford it. Any ideas?


First of all, to lose your insurance, you've had to be covered by that employer in the first place, correct? Do you know if it was on a "mini" or limited medical plan basis? There are rules and regulations in each state that are specifically aimed at protecting the consumer's (insured) rights, and it just doesn't sound lawful for that to have happened, I am a registered insurance agent for life, accident, sickness, disability, variable lines and I may be able to help you if you could furnish me with a little bit more information. Do you work in a union? I am also very framiliar with the medicaid system, there are ways to work it, I just need additional information. If you still need help, contact me and I'll see if there is anything that I can do for you at all.

I got a great insurance plan through a company called ASI. I listed the contact information below. I hope this helps.

1.800.929.8344

#258706 http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20080205085456AAdTTPj&kid=Qr5xAE61DlD6GTy1qSE8&s=comm&date=2008-04-14+18%3A58%3A33&.crumb=

You take the letter from your employer saying you don't qualify for their medical coverage, and go back to the medicaid office, and say, "No, I DON'T have access to insurance through my employer."

Ever heard of Ameriplan? Its an alternative...

Ah the always helpful government. Do you have a student health center? They usually charge less and if they have a pharmacy that can help cut costs.

If not, is there some kind of clinic in your area--run by med school or nursing students or even a "free" clinic so you can get diagnosed and treated? Prescriptions should be available for a reasonable price at WalMart or such which ALSO might have a clinic as might a drug or grocery store in your area.

IF this is your only health problem, I pray, then look at a place like ehealthinsurance and see if you can find an HSA or some decent insurance plan and get your own.

Does your state have a high risk insurance pool IF they decide you're not healthy enough to cover?

http://www.healthinsurance.org/riskpoolinfo.lasso

0 ความคิดเห็น: