วันพุธที่ 22 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How insurance coverage work for new a car ?

Hi,

I intend to buy a car by the end of this month on the weekend (I work from Monday to Friday and do not want to skip working).

I will use my old car for trade-in. And I will switch my current insurance on to the new car. Since it all will be happening on the weekend (my insurance office closed), I will have to switch the insurance on Monday.

If something happen to the new car before the insurance switched (sometime before Monday), who will cover the car ?

Any advice ? Thank you...


If you drive the car without insurance, and something happens, it's not covered.

Call your agent and tell him you are buying a new car. If you can get the VIN in advance of the sale, it would be helpful. Ask him to get you covered before you drive it. He should be able to help.

Most policies allow 30 days to add a new vehicle. It would considered a 'coverage issue' if anything happened, yet in the long run it will be covered.

Most insurance companies have after hour phone lines & they have have online services. I would definitely try to find it.

If this is a new car and you will be making payments on it, I must say that I am surprised that the car company will even allow you to drive it off the lot without insurance proof.

And Boy, will you be totally screwed if you get in an accident!!!!!!

0 ความคิดเห็น: